The Reef is growing and we are always looking for hardworking, energetic and talented people to deliver great experiences to our guests. If you’re interested in working in a fun, community-oriented environment, then there’s no place better to work than The Reef.
Check out our current openings below.
Click on each position for details & to apply.
- Delivering food orders from the kitchen to customers’ tables rapidly and accurately
- Acting as the point of contact between Front of the House and Back of the House staff
- Communicating food orders to chefs, paying attention to priorities (e.g. food allergies)Job Brief
We are looking for a Food Runner to join our team and facilitate collaboration between our kitchen and wait staff.Food Runner responsibilities include setting tables, serving food orders and removing used dishes and utensils. If you’d like to gain experience in the restaurant industry and learn how to provide an excellent dining experience, we’d like to meet you. To be considered for this role, you should be available to work various shifts, including weekends.
Ultimately, you will ensure our guests have a high-quality dining experience by serving their food in a timely and accurate manner.
Deliver food orders from the kitchen to customers’ tables rapidly and accurately
Act as the contact point between Front of the House and Back of the House staff
Communicate food orders to chefs, paying attention to priorities and special requests (e.g. food allergies)
Assist the wait staff with table setting by fetching and placing appropriate tableware, eating utensils and napkins
Serve welcome drinks and hors d’oeuvres, upon guests’ arrival
Ensure food is served in accordance with safety standards (e.g. proper temperature)
Check in with customers and take additional orders or refill water, as needed
Remove dirty dishes and utensils
Answer guests’ questions about ingredients and menu items
Inform restaurant staff about customers’ feedback or requests (e.g. when they ask for the check)
Make sure families with young children get kids menus and special silverware sets
Experience as a Food Expeditor or similar entry-level role in a restaurant
Understanding of hygiene and food safety rules
Physical ability and stamina to carry heavy trays and stand for long hours
Availability to work various shifts, including weekends
Good oral communication skills
Ability to remain calm and professional in a fast-paced work environment
The Server is an integral part of the front of house team in The Reef, as he/she sets the tone of each guest’s dining experience. In order to thrive in our team service environment and uphold the high standard of service and quality that is a must in our restaurants, the ideal candidate will be a true team player and master of hospitality. A warm and friendly personality that will put guests at ease while providing them with the best service and hospitality is essential. The Server utilizes time management skills and, optimally, prior restaurant experience to process guests’ orders and serve food and drinks in an efficient, professional manner. He/she maintains up to date knowledge of the restaurant’s food and beverage menu and processes credit card and cash transactions as outlined by our policies and procedures manual. The Reef Seafood & Steak aims to exceed every guest’s expectations and it is the responsibility of the Server to ensure that each guest leaves happy and wanting to return.
- Greet guests promptly with a smile
- Be able to assist with any guests needs and accommodate guests request
- Perform side work, bus and set tables, as needed
- Perform set up and breakdown of various stations (i.e., server side stations, coffee, tea, soup, etc.)
- Assist with orders to go and sale of gift cards as needed
- Seat guests and help with answering phones as business demands
- Communicate with team members and management
- Practice, monitor, and reinforce food safety procedures according to policy and health/sanitation regulations
- Take direction from management, assist in training of new members and always be a team player
- Maintain fast, accurate service, positive guest relations, and ensure products are consistent with quality standards
- Be happy, keep a positive attitude and have FUN!!
- Neat, clean, and professional appearance
- Exhibit a sense of urgency
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Strong stamina to work long or split shifts
- Previous wait staff experience desired
- Able to communicate effectively with guests and team members
Guest- friendly demeanor
Willingness to work in a team environment
- Advancement Opportunities
- Meal Discounts
- Schedule Flexibility
- Very Supportive Team Environment